cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Ammratan89
New Contributor

Incorrect usage wireless boardband data

I'm using the optus 500 gb home wireless boardband plan,   My plan was renewed 5 days ago (500gb) and this morning when i checked my usage i already used up 200 gb !!! I'm home alone most of the time, my husband goes to work from early morning and come home around 7 pm everyday , i don't watch online movies/ i don't listen to online music... i usually just browsing stuffs online , and do social media . I reported the problem to optus this morning and they raised the issue to the IT team, told me that it will take 3 days to investigate the problem. Today all i day I just used my 4g , my husband wasnt home. And when i checked my data usage , it drain up to 250 gb ! Another 50 gb has gone without anyone using home wifi ?  Anyone ever have the same problem before ? this is a total rip off, on their app it said on wednesday i used 90 gb of internet ??? I mean how can anyone use 90 gb internet in one day ?! 

4 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Incorrect usage wireless boardband data

It sounds like a reporting error with the data usage as 200GB on the morning of your data usage rollover would be impossible I would say. I think I would be changing the WiFi password as a precaution until you know more.

Edit: Sorry 200GB in 5 days would be possible and changing that password would be a good idea.

New Contributor 5GEE
New Contributor

It happened to me similar thing with a reseller of phone service and I had to pay the excesss

0 Kudos
New Contributor SteveHerms
New Contributor

I'm also experiencing the same problem, 250gb overall shared between various devices. After getting suspicious I checked how much data was used when I set up a hotspot for one Netflix film on a mid size screen on an older laptop and it clocked up 3.5g. We run very close to our monthly balance and it requires a lot of management to avoid the excessive $10 per gb autocharge. I need some resolution or I'll be moving 5 sims. VERY disappointing Optus, obviously something is up as there are many similar complaints. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

This is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please chat with us.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.
Let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors