Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Dynamite6863
New Contributor

Incorrect Unlock Codes

Hi guys, I searched and found another thread identical to the issue im facing. I have a Samsung GALAXY J2 Pro that was networked locked at the factory and purchased through KMART in the Optus Packaging. I have recharged the $80 required to recieve the unlock code for free and although it took 7 weeks to get it, It came last weekend. HOWEVER, both the Network unlock code and the Master Code fail to do anything except produce the same error message. Network Unlock Request Unsuccessful. I have spent countless hours on live chat, the phone and even went in store but they asked if i could come back as they were very busy this morning. I have been told by phone staff so many different and conflicting stories that im beginning to wonder if this isnt a ploy to stop people from changing to carriers who offer better value for money. First I was told my phone isnt locked to Optus. We then established that the lock doesnt show against the IMEI of my phone and accepted it is locked. Optus didnt have the code so sent away to Samsung for it and finally i have gotten the two codes back and neither one works. I called again and was told it must be a SIM lock on the new SIM i was trying. I explained that the SIM isnt new, just new for that phone, and it works perfectly in both unlocked phones and locked to Vodafone phones. SO..... Would somebody please advise me, WHAT MUST A MAN DO TO UNLOCK THIS PHONE. i noted from the previous threads that you will require details from me so to begine: 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Moderator Aman_B

Re: Incorrect Unlock Codes

Hi @ Dynamite6863 - Definitely get that this would be frustrating and totally appreciate  your concerns.  Are you able to PM me your full name, Optus number & date of birth so we can take a look into this? Please Click here for PM. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Dynamite6863
New Contributor

Re: Incorrect Unlock Codes

The reply from Optus is absolutely mind boggling and completely unprofessional. I am staggered that your customer service has been so disgracrful and that when given the opportunity to solve a problem in a manner convenient to the customer, you are demanding that i attend a store. I will not be bullied and pushed around by Optus. You have an obligation to fulfil the promises made to me when signing up with your network.

I would appreciate a telephone call on the number provided as mine in the PM's and email or contact details of someone from YesCrowd in authority whom i can detail my disgust and be provided a convenient and timely path to solve this calamity once and for all.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors