Searching...

IS OPTUS GOING OT FIX UP THEIR TELCO PROBLEM BY UPGRADING THEIR TOWERS??!

Mandoe

I'm locked into a 2 year contract and cant evne use my interenet during the one time I get to myself away from work and the family and kids. I'm guessing I am not alone here, particularly from the City to the Western line.. it's practically impossible to get any kind of connectivity. IF  they dont sort out this problem they going to lose many customers.. Great job luring everyone with the premier league optus sports app.. How about telling us the reason why so you can sucker us into locking into a 2 year contract with no interenet. I'd rather pay out my contract and go Telstra, Helll even Vodaphone is better. They had this problem years ago and guess what... THEY FIXED IT!. If optus can spend millions on the rights for the EPL I'm sure they can fix their connnectivity problem they have before people begin to RIOT.

Re: IS OPTUS GOING OT FIX UP THEIR TELCO PROBLEM BY UPGRADING THEIR TOWERS??!

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Mobile connectivity is a tricky one. The Telcos don't / can't guarantee connections as you move around. But obviously your phone works in other places.

I'm not sure how strong the onus is that people get (any) reception in their homes or offices. That said, Optus do publish coverage maps and if you're in an area designated 'well covered' then Optus have a requirement to live up to that expectation. A constant lack of coverage would be grounds to end the contract.

What postcode are you in? Where is the Western Line? You can check the map here

So I would take some time and catalogue your reception at home 

Confirm you are in a place designated covered

Request Optus allow the contract to be ended without penalty

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Mandoe

My postcode is 2761 and my postcode is fine.. phone works well at home, and when I am sitting still in one location however when I am on the move Either on the City to Bankstown line or City to Penrith line its constantly dropping out. like barely impossible to use any interenet on the train.. I guess all I want to know is if Optus plan to upgrade their towers in the near future or not. If they do not plan to do anything with their towers then I am going to pay out my contract and move elsewhere. because I am not going to put up with this for 2 years.

Shauna

Hey @Mandoe - Are you able to send us a PM with your account details? Happy to take a look into this for you. Shauna

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Mandoe

No problem Shauna this has been done. I am sure I am not the first person to be experiencing this so I hope there is a good solution to this.

Shauna

Definitely not the first person, @Mandoe! Thanks for that. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos