Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I want someone tocall me.

I have Optus prepaid mobile plan. I can receive emails on my mobile but can't send emails. Have contacted Optus & spoken via chat several times. I originally transferred to Optus prepaid in January & now it is June & the problem is still unresolved. I have to go to my computer to send an email which is not always convenient. Also, when I commenced the mobile prepaid plan I was informed that the monthly payment would be due at the end of each month, now I am receiving messages saying that payment is due earlier. Last month the message said payment was due on the 25th, & yesterday a message said payment was due on 21 st. Why is this happening. It seems to be a waste of time trying to get something done to help me via chat as it takes forever & the consultant is unable to assist me in the end after much conversation & deliberations. If I don't get someone in Australia to assist me instead of an overseas call centre I will go back to my previous carrier.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: I want someone tocall me.

Well your options are up to you, but no one will be calling you.

I'm a little confused when you say "payment would be due at the end of each month". You are talking about a prepaid plan? That mean you pay before you get any service.

Also sending an email has nothing to do with Optus or your phone. How are you trying to send an email? With an App? Via Chrome? GMail? In a web browser? It appears you have some settings set up in correctly.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I was informed that the monthly payment would be due at the end of each month, now I am receiving messages saying that payment is due earlier. Last month the message said payment was due on the 25th, & yesterday a message said payment was due on 21 st. Why is this happening.

Looks like you were misinformed. My guess is that you are on a 28 day plan, not a monthly plan.

28 day plans is one of those sneaky things the most/all? telcos have to squeeze an extra payment per year out of people precisely because people just think of them as monthly plans which they are not.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@RIG re your billing, you will need to check the details of your plan, I suspect you are on a 28 Day billing cycle so the time of the month will change.

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm sorry. Thought I was connected to the Optus help line. I've used in the past when unsure about certain problems with my Optus home broadband account. My prepaid mobile phone is connected to my home broadband account. The prepaid mobile plan also includes mobile broadband for your information.
0 Kudos