cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Lefty9000
New Contributor

Huawei modem

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to see which frequency the modem is using when its connected to the mobile network. the modem is a Huawei B525 . the reason I ask is I have a "home wireless broadband" account, and despite the modem saying it is connected to a 4G network it is running quite slow ( speed tested ) I know there are different frequencies that are used and it would be useful to know which one my modem is using.

Thanks, Lefty

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Huawei modem

I have the previous router - E5186 and it had a info page on the Admin tab when you logged into it.

Home Wireless Broadband is speed limited to 5/1Mbit if your not in 2300Mhz coverage (then its 12/1)

If you find the device info page on the admin tab on 192.168.8.1 (i think it is)

You will see what band its connected to

e.g.

Band 3 is 1800Mhz

Band 28 is 700Mhz

Band 40 is 2300Mhz

Band 1 is 2100Mhz

Band 7 is 2700Mhz

Think that covers most bands in use by Optus at the moment.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

My Huawei B525 modem could select the frequency bands to connect, but as i know, the Huawei E5186 doesn't have this option for frequency bands to connect:

B525s-23a.jpg

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Eric008

I dont see 2300Mhz on that dropdown list - this is the only band that will get you 12/1 (if you have coverage that is).

You can set most huawei routers to particular bands with software such as the E5186 tool and a bit of light reading to see how its done (I have mine set to 2300Mhz).

Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I'm using the B525s-23a, so the 2300mAh is not available. Thought to change to B525s-65a... 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Kebuh
New Contributor

Ii have the same modem, but after update i cant choose frequency.how i can fix it ? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Little help from @Paddylee? ☺️ 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Kebuh what is your device (numerous models posted in this thread so we dont know for sure).

The e5186 never had band selection on a dropdown

The b525 did have this (i dont own this model so not sure what its like now) 

New Contributor Kebuh
New Contributor

I have b525s-23a modem. And before update (3 months ago) i have a choise what kind of band i want (800, 1600 etc)  Now i can choose only 2g or only 3g or only 4g. Sorry for my bad English 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

The 23a version is not supplied by Optus. 

B525s-65a is the version from Optus. 

If you have the 65a then unless you are hav8ng major issues i would leave it on 4g only and let the router manage that side.

I am not sure why they may have removed that selection. 

Its still available via 3rd party tools, but Optus wont be able to assist with those. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors