Occasional Contributor

Re: How To Check Coverage In Your Area

Anyone from Optus care to comment? 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi pinkninjat,

I can see the last mod replied in march 2017 nearly 2 years ago, are you still having the same problems in the area? I can see tat the north tower is down for planned maintenance until the 15th of March, when you've spoken to Tech before have they provided you with a fault # so I can look into the notes for you to see if there was any work done or upgrades in scope? 

Thanks,

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor pinkninjat
Occasional Contributor

As you can see I only posted Feb 2019. Also as you can see, I am purchasing in the area and the local counsellor said it has been going for years and doesn't look like being resolved in next 12 months. I'm wondering if you read my post? There was no coverage when we looked at the property 4 weeks ago. Are you saying it has been down for 4 or more weeks now and that I will get reception by the end of next week? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Reception still not good....  Any updates?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Updates are available on our network status page (the same map that you looked at for coverage).

Click on mobile outages and enter the address. You'll need to zoom out a couple of times to view the highlighted orange towers for that address.

If you do end up purchasing there and the reception is not satisfactory you can always contact us to discuss your options.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply, oddly enough, after being told it was down for a few weeks, it says once again it is down today and tomorrow.  However, im not sure how saying to me just to check the status is the answer, I did buy, and the local counsellor and multiple local people have been complaining for years about the horrid reception out there.  So me checking the status doesnt change that, only Optus can.  Only someone sending it up the chain can.  Not doing anything changes nothing.  What is the plan going forward?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I do see parts of that street have a 3G blackspot. So for a clearer understanding it may depend on the exact address (which I'm not suggesting you post here). It apparently should be fine with 4G connection for the whole street.

Once the maintenance work is completed and the towers show as green, if there is still no reception this can be looked into further when you contact us. Otherwise more information and a contact e-mail address to discuss this is shown on our Mobile Blackspot Program page.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Gorie
New Contributor

Coverage checker is inaccurate and misleading. States my modem device has so-called great indoor coverage when in fact the Optus technical department has informed me that my area actually extremely poor indoor coverage and the outdoor coverage stated as great on the coverage checker isn't much better than the poor indoor coverage considering that there is a supposed Optus tower approximately 1km away and considering I am roughly 30km from the Brisbane CBD. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for this valuable feedback, Gorie.

As part of reaching this conclusion the technical department should/would have forwarded these findings to the team that maintains the page.

Customers also have the option to provide feedback on the Mobile Network Coverage map (black icon on the left hand side).

0 Kudos
New Contributor Dennis48
New Contributor

That device choice is really annoying, who would go to find and then type their EMEI? And even after I have chosen generic Samsung S9, I will see same things if I would not chosen any device, no coverage-3g-4g... Why??? Make it simple! If someone's phone does not support some range, they can use filters afterwards..
0 Kudos