Occasional Contributor Kirstin
Occasional Contributor

Re: How To Check Coverage In Your Area

I did your all about as helpfully as each other and this is not very helpful

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm sorry you feel that way. Unfortunately if we're unable to identify any issues within the network we do need to investigate all possible causes - we want you to have a reliable service, Kirstin. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Gavster07
New Contributor

Optus coverage us non existant in the Captains Flat area 2623.What is being done to fix this?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey there @Gavster07, really sorry to hear that you've had trouble 😞

We are continually upgrading and updating our Mobile network, I'd really recommend checking out Network Status page  HERE for coverage updates as they come through! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor IanP
New Contributor

The mobile phone coverage in Mollymook is terrible, vitually non-existent.

We have been holidaying there for years at a number of different locations and I have had a variety of Optus mobiles eg HTC One and now Galaxy S7.

The coverage has always been very poor and every year when we visit I get a nasty reminder how bad it is.

Finally decided to lodge a comment as the Optus map showing coverage to be 'great' is quite deceptive and wrong.

Tags (1)
Moderator Marie

Hey IanP 🙂 

Thanks for letting us know about this.

To confirm did you chat with our 24/7 Tech Team about this?

What type of phone are you using now?

Do you experience issues both indoors and outside?

Could you please PM through your address when you're in the Mollymook area and we'll look at that in more detail for you.

Cheers.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor IanP
New Contributor

Hello Marie,

Thanks for responding. The answers to your questions:

1. No, I have not raised this with the 24/7 Tech Team.

2. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 mobile now but had the same problem with the HTC One

3. Yes - I experience dreadfully poor connectivity issues both indoors and outside.

4. I only visit Mollymook once per year in January. Back in Sydney now. We have stayed in holiday homes on Lockhart Street and Mitchell Parade and the connectivity is zero. I suggest Optus needs to get a mobile technician from Ulladulla or somewher close to Mollymook to drive there and do some signal readings. They will quickly confirm the area is effectively dead-zone for Optus. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Thanks IanP 🙂

Much appreciated I'll pass your feedback on about your service experience in the Mollymook region.

0 Kudos
New Contributor thesullies
New Contributor

I've been a customer of Optus....both personally and for business... since they launched in Australia.

The final straw is thier attitude regarding to ending of HomeZone.

Mobile coverage is pitiful in my area, Roseville, and clearly optus don't really care. For heaven's sake, we live 10kms from the centre of Australia's biggest city!

I won't be loading any app to help them provide a service I am already paying for.

What I will be doing is moving EVERYTHING to Telstra.

I would like to congratulate Optus on demonstrating how NOT to treat customers....it has helped my business grow! 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Matthew71
Occasional Contributor

Yes, Mollymook coverage is unusable - when running a Speedtest, I get download speeds of around 0.2 Mbps. Telstra coverage is great with download speeds of around 34mbps. I have an iPad Pro and a Nexus 6P, both of which are unable to load a web page on the Optus network in Mollymook. I see from your coverage map that there are no plans to improve the network in the next 6 months; it would be great if your networks team could schedule an upgrade for Mollymook Beach (Mitchell Parade.)

0 Kudos