cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Kirstin
Occasional Contributor

Re: How To Check Coverage In Your Area

Recently moved house but live in suburb and have found i get no reception at the new place with 4g network only 3g works. Got told it was my sim and i would be sent out a replacement one if it continues but after reading stuff on here about no reception or coverage i realize i am not the only optus customer with this problem as optus support has made out to be as my boyfriend also has the same problem but optus seem to ignore this fact as well

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Get zero to 2 bars on 4g but 3g i get all bars and 4g net doesnt work either.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hey Kristin - have you checked your address here ? 4G is dependant on your phone, which frequencies are available and which ones it can actually pick up. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes i have checked the address on there and says hood coverage with 4g i only moved 2 streets and use to get execellent coverage over there with 4 g now over here nothing seems like optus has a big problem on there hands and dont want to do anything about it cos on 4g i cant send messages it takes ages 4g i dont get messages til the next day 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I only got my samsung galaxy 6 edge this year so its not my phone my boyfriend has an iphone and has the same problems 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hmm, might be best to raise this with Tech Support here

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I did raise it with them their not helpful told me it was my sim

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Completely understand that it seems unlikely if your partner is experiencing similar troubles, however it's not uncommon for a SIM that's seen better days to demonstrate similar problems; In the event that this isn't the cause, it'll help us further isolate the problem. Our team in store will be happy to help you out with a SIM replacement. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Its not  the sim if its happening with other ppl. stop telling me its the sim your network is crap and optus doesnt want to do anything but tell ppl to get a new sim what happens if i get a new sim and it still happens considering ive only had this sim for 11 months  

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I get the frustration, Kirstin - however this is a fairly important troubleshooting step. I'd recommend chatting with the Faults team again for some alternative isolation testing steps if you're unable to do this.

0 Kudos