cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor sap3825
New Contributor

Re: How To Check Coverage In Your Area

I live next to the cbd with 4 optus accounts in the house. dont get any bbars, service actually deteriorating... hello telstra!

0 Kudos
New Contributor sap3825
New Contributor

PS. the contracts can be voided on this basis. SP postcode 2043

0 Kudos
New Contributor uwe
New Contributor

Hi Andi and all,

I have Optus Home Wireless Broadband, am just getting the 5/1. How do I know when my tower potentially does upgrade to the 2300MHZ band am in Ferny Creek and am most likely using the Optus tower at 6 Merimbula Road. It seems the 2300 MHZ (Band 40) is proposed but has not been activated. Please see attached screenshot from oztowers.com.au.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as 12Mbit would really make a difference. ~ UweOz_Towers__3786002_-_MCS_Digital_Tower_6_Merimbula_Road_SHERBROOKE_VIC_3789_.png

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @uwe. I've just checked our network system and it doesn't state when/if 2300Mhz will be enabled at that particular tower.

I can see that 2300Mhz is available in the surrounding area although it's coverage is scattered.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor uwe
New Contributor

Hey @Toomey would you be able to point me to the surrounding towers, which are 2300MHZ enabled?

I have relatively free line of sights, would be interesting if there can be done something with external antennas. ~ Uwe

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

The best I can provide is the attached screenshot which shows the areas covered by 2300Mhz and where the towers are. If a tower is surrounded by purple, it's safe to say it's operating on 2300Mhz.

The different colours represent signal strength

Purple = high Indoor

Green = low indoor

Pink = high outdoor

Hope this helps!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor uwe
New Contributor

Many thanks, Tomey

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Guy
RetiredModerator

Any time! Let us know if you have any further questions! 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Esky
New Contributor

I live in Chippendale (2008) in the middle of 4G Plus coverage.  On my rooftop (outdoors) 19 floors up, my Apple iPhone 6S shows only 1 bar and calls can sometimes drop out.  My wife's iPhone 6 has the same issue.  This is a high density residential area and many uni students with UTS, ABC and lots of SMB.  Probably a good place financially to be important for Optus coverage.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Miles_R
RetiredModerator

Hey Esky, sorry for the issues you've been having but we appreciate you letting us know. I'll be able to send this off to our backend team to see if it's something that we can upgrade. I'd recommend keeping an eye on our Service Map here so you can follow any planned upgrades in your area.

0 Kudos