cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Terrence
Contributor

Re: How To Check Coverage In Your Area

At least when Vodaphone didnt have good coverage, they supplied us with a FREE box that somehow enhanced their signal inside my home.  It worked and have had no issues until the fatal day i swapped to OPTUS

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey there @UdonG - has the outage been cleared as resolved? If so, I'd recommend chatting with our Faults team on 131344 as there may be something affecting your individual service.

New Contributor UdonG
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. For some reason, the signal has greatly increased in the past 24hrs. It's gone from zero/1 bar to 3, 4 or sometimes 5 bars now. Probably pointless to ask Optus what they are doing? One thing is for sure - whatever they did over the weekend reduced my signal but now it's better.

0 Kudos
Contributor Terrence
Contributor

Can someone please explain to me why ST PETERS, which is less than 4 km to the GPO in Adelaide has virtually no signal.  I find that is just so strange and amazing.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Guy
RetiredModerator

@UdonG. Glad your services have improved! If you PM us with the area details we can check for you. If the signal degraded and then got better it is likely we performed an upgrade.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Guy
RetiredModerator

@Terrence. If you select the 'Outages' tab on the page mentioned above, this should tell you of any live outages impacting the signal at your specific address.

0 Kudos
New Contributor UdonG
New Contributor

I'll quit while I'm ahead! I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days. Thanks for your help. If it "goes off" again I will come back.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Guy
RetiredModerator

Let us know if you have any issues and we can investigate 🙂

Contributor Terrence
Contributor

Well it shows that here in ST PETERS i should be Good for indoor Voice and Text and Great for outdoor voice and text, yet my phone says i have not reception at all.  How can they be so wrong.....Please explain.  It cant be my phone surely as i can get reception everywhere else apart from home

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Guy
RetiredModerator

If you care to send us through your address we can check for any specific location issues with the signal. Alternatively you can speak to tech support on 131344 or via live chat  here.

0 Kudos