cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Moderator Vicky

Re: How To Check Coverage In Your Area

Hey JWM,  sorry about the late reply. We aim to provide as much coverage as possible but sometimes this may not always be immediately possible. A lot of factors, including population density, environmental factors, etc... can impact the installation of towers to make these areas serviceable. We're always looking to improve our infrastructure, so more than happy to feed this back to our engineers. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Contributor Terrence
Contributor

Just became an OPTUS member and was told our coverage was good. The "Check coverage of your area" says it good. BUT i have absolutely no reception in my home, or garden.  Actually i have to go down the road to get anything.  I was then told that my area is a dead zone.  What rubbish.  When will our area be fixed.  St Peters 5069

New Contributor Fluttz
New Contributor

Don't believe the coverage checker! I switched from Telstra to Optus to save some $$ and the coverage checker map highlighted that I would have good/great 4G coverage inside and outside my home. Optus sim arrived in the mail, put it in my phone to find that coverage was basically non existant. Ended up spending around 2 hours on Optus chat explaining the situation. They told me that coverage in my area was minimal! In the end had to cancel my contract and go back to Telstra. No compensation, nothing. Lost a discount on another service also. Pretty ordinary by Optus. If you want people to jump ship from other carriers to you, maybe provide people with the correct information in the first place and more importantly decent mobile coverage!

RetiredModerator Steph_C
RetiredModerator

Sorry about this experience @Fluttz - definitely not one we want you having! Understand this would be frustrating, however we do our best to provide accurate information on the coverage checker, we're not able to provide compensation, given we released you from contract and no further costs were incurred. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

New Contributor Mel71
New Contributor

We are in Moss Vale in NSW - I've recently switched to Optus and the indoor calls and text coverage is terrible. I basically have to stand outside to take a call, which isn't great when you're trying to run a business from home. My address is well into the 4G coverage area, so just wondering if there are plans to improve the coverage?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor klo7
Occasional Contributor

my location is 3109  i cannot fnd out if  the 4g coverage at 2300 MHz applies in this area

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor savant
Occasional Contributor

I have rang and rang over the year. ALl I get is run around. The area I am in the coverage is one to 0 bar. Who can I ring or tell as chat lines or walking into Optus shops has not help for over the year?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

Hey savant, I can appreciate your frustrations with this. In which suburb or town are you experience low signal in? I'll be able to check on any future upgrades scheduled within the next 6 months.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor UdonG
New Contributor

There was an outage in our area over last weekend and our coverage has now changed from poor to virtually nothing. Can anybody tell me how this is an improvement? What have Optus actually done to make it worse? Will it get better?

0 Kudos
Contributor Terrence
Contributor

Hi, you should be lucky that your coverage is POOR.  I have to walk around the neighbourhood in order to find the missing area to receive any coverage at all.  And its only because of the EPL that i have with Optus.  I am thinking of just getting a new number with someone else so i can be contactable at home