Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Home Phone

Has anyone had trouble with their home landline since they had the NBN outage? Our home phone has not been working for 8 days. Every time we call we speak to a person from India who does the same checks and never fixes the problem. Is there anyone you can speak to from Australia? We have gone into the Optus store for help and it was the same. Same checks, no offer to resolve the problem or reimbursement for no phone usage. Very poor customer service. 

We switched from Telstra hoping for a better experience, but now regret the decision. Please can someone help? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Home Phone

I don't understand what difference speaking to someone in Australia will make? If it's not working then it's not working and that's on Optus, has nothing to do with the location of the person you're speaking with.

My recommendation would be to keep trying either via phone or live chat. A mod may be able to help on here but can take days for them to get back to you so if you want it now, look for an alternative channel. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Home Phone

Hi @Jo50, sorry to hear that you've had trouble with your phone service. Seeing as you've reached out to Tech Support, I assume you've run through the standard troubleshooting and the like. What sort of issues are you experiencing? Are you unable to make/receive calls? Is there a dial tone? Is the service dropping out when attempting to make a call? Send through a private message with the full name, account number and DOB attached to the service and we'll look into escalating this for you if you're still experiencing issues.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos