Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hawkesdale, mailers Flat and Woolesthorpe

Portfairypep

Over a year ago before the state election both the government and Optus announced adding mobile reception to the NBN towers by May 2019.  There is no sign of this happening and Optus have been unable to help.  As someone who changed over to Optus recently believing it was happening I would like to know if it still happening and when.

Re: Hawkesdale, mailers Flat and Woolesthorpe

Paddylee

Blackspot program is a federal program. 

Optus has info on their website: https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/network/mobile-black-spot-program

I dont see any of those places on the list (but that does cover a large area and only shows sites left to rollout.

Blackspot approval/fundibg is via here: https://www.communications.gov.au/what-we-do/phone/mobile-services-and-coverage/mobile-black-spot-pr...

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Portfairypep

Hi.  It is not part of the Blackspot program.  It is an initiative between Optus and the Victorian State Government.

Dalton said.

The new sites to be rolled out in the region include: Lavers Hill, North East Warrnambool, Pirron Yallock, Kennett River, Woodford, Warrnambool Breakwater, Wye River and Warrnambool North with four of the 12 sites, Port Campbell North, Woolsthorpe, Hawkesdale and Winslow to be co-funded as part of the Victorian Government’s Regional Connectivity Program.

Paddylee

I can see news reports from November 6th 2018 saying Optus had switched on 10 new sites in that area. 

Nothing in regards to other towers though. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Portfairypep

That's all I could find as well.  Hoping someone from Optus can answer the thread.

[ Edited ]
Ray_YC

We will reach out for an update. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Portfairypep

Even though it is not part of the Black Spot Program?

Ray_YC

We've reached out to the current Territory Manager for that area requesting an update, as soon as we hear back we'll post it here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Portfairypep

Very much appreciated.  Thanks

Solution

Ray_YC

The update is:

The below sites are result of an agreement directly between Optus and the Victorian Government (i.e is not connected with any Federal Government Program)

Woolsthorpe – Final stages of acquisition works including approvals for a ground lease.  Current forecast, provided all approvals granted, is for August In service

Hawkesdale - – Site now acquired and build to commence with forecast completion in August

Winslow – Sites is under acquisition – once all approvals in place, construction will commence with expected completion in September. 

These sites are all part of a cluster – we are pushing to get complete sooner than August but some of the approvals required, even when a tower exists, cannot be rushed even when part of a government contract. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
23 Kudos
19 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos
8 Kudos