cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Contributor
Contributor

Greatly appreciate assistance & recommendation from you router/modem experts please.

hello.

Greatly appreciate assistance & recommendation from you router/modem experts please.

Im looking for a modem/router which I can setup up numerous "guest networks" or there equivalent (access points).

I have 14 separate units which I want to run off the router so I need a minimum of "14 guest networks" or "14 x Access Points (14 x SSID's)" so that each is independently isolated from all the others (privacy). Im not sure Im using the correct terminology.

Can anyone recommend a modem/router to do the job for me?

It'll obviously need to have a decent CPU, memory, extender & I think Triband.

Thanks For your help

Glen

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Greatly appreciate assistance & recommendation from you router/modem experts please.

This will cost a bit? Usually you would just have a single guest account. This just provides access to the internet and a all users use that. Do you need seperate ssids for billing?

What sort of layout do you have. One building? Seperate units? Area? Are they wired for internet?

I might suggest you also post at whirlpool as they have a big pool of router savy enthusiasts.

But perhaps look at unifi access points.

https://unifi-network.ui.com/wi-fi