cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Fin
New Contributor

Got to see my first bill a year later

I signed up to $80 a month unlimited NBN plan last year in August, almost a year later and I have finally seen my bill for the first time. 

After 3 months of waiting to get my first bill in the mail my internet was shut off, after a quick call and found out my account number and started paying my bill, 2 months later my internet was shut off again because I was paying my bill late, even though I've never actually received one.

I called and asked to fix the "my account" multiple times and failed.

I called and asked for my bill in email multiple times and never received one.

I called multiple times requesting a paper bill and never received one.

In April my internet was shut off again apparently my bill had increased to $83 and I wasn't notified so I wasn't paying the $3 extra a month, I was charged $110 on top of my monthly bill in late fees, when I complained I was told that it was my own fault for not fixing the my account despite all my phone calls.

In June a two day "maintenance" became a week of no internet, I was told I would have my account credited for this loss. I wasn't told how much so I still kept paying my $83 a month

And after this maintenance my NBN was slower then ever.

Last week I spent 2 hours in my Optus store asking for my bill, email or paper I just wanted to see it. My "my account" was reset for the hundredth time and I was told I would receive a phone call from an Optus member to help me set up my account. I didn't.

I sent in a complaint and received no response.

By some miracle my account started working and I was able to link in my NBN.

Today I finally got to see my bill and surly I should have some credit on there for my week long internet blackout, you'd think? Nope apparently I owed them $2.48. At least I avoided $110 late fee.

I couldn't possibly recommend not joining Optus anymore than I do. Please no matter how good it seems DO NOT CHOOSE OPTUS.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors