cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Global Roaming in Norway

Has anybody been able to get global roaming working in Norway over the past few weeks? I've been in Europe and have both a Telstra and Optus sim on global roaming. Telstra has been connecting without issue in every country but Optus has been an absolute nightmare. I've tried their online chat numerous time only to have someone either a) recommend I factory reset my phone or b) blame the local network providers which both my partner and my telstra sim connect to with no issue or c) offer copy and paste jobs from google about connecting to a network. The last response I got was them telling me that we've ruled out everything to do with my handset and my sim card before some vague and blatantly untrue attempt at passing the blame onto norwegian network providers. The only positive experience is that I was finally told that I will get a travel credit refund once back but $20 is not worth the inconvenience of being unable to send/recieve texts over Christmas and the new year. On what planet is that a good solution???  If someone from Optus could please provide an actual solution that would be great.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Global Roaming in Norway

Hey @Hamish4554,

The issue is a bit more complex than what you've previously been advised. The issue is actually part due to a recent undersea AAG (Asian-America Gateway cable break which has reduced direct international ink capacity. We've opened up additional international signal links which have led to improved performance levels. Repairs to the cable are scheduled for mid - late January. The added links should handle the bulk requests until the cable has been repaired.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos