Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Getting more info about outage in Newstead Vic and a less intensive outages page?

The tower in Newstead Vic seems to be offline, I'm not even getting "emergency calls" on my mobile, just "no service".

Our mobile broadband can be gotten to work by climbing a tree and placing the modem up "nice and high", I'm picking up a tower somewhere further out, not sure where, but the connection is very flakey.

So now for my actual questions.

Is it possible to get any more detailed info than what shows up on the outage map? The map indicates the fault is known, but doesn't include any other info. An ETR would be amazing.

Is there a less data intensive way to check outages? I'd prefer a near plain text page if possible, the map has to load a lot of dependencies and over a flakey connections it's exceedingly hit and miss whether it loads at all, it ended up being easier for me to email a friend instructions and have them email back the text of the outage.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Getting more info about outage in Newstead Vic and a less intensive outages page?

Hello DaveJS, 

Sorry for the delayed response. Are you still having issues with your connection in Newstead? The fault notes show that a technician attended the site and the outage should have been cleared at around 3:00 PM today. 

I've flagged your post as feedback regarding the information on the Network Status page. A plain text/ less data heavy listing certainly makes sense for those relying on and experiencing issues with one internet type. Please let me know if you're still having issues with your service. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Getting more info about outage in Newstead Vic and a less intensive outages page?

The connection came good a little before 3pm, so that definitely fits with your timeline.

A plain text service status would be awesome. Even with the flakey connection, I was able to login to my work VPN, instant chat, intranet, etc, but I only managed to load the Optus outage map on the ~5th try because of how intensive it is.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

It's good to hear you're up and running again. It's actually a great idea 🙂 I'll make sure this is passed on. Have a great evening!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos