Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor calaudilou
New Contributor

Galaxy S6 Signal Breaks

Hey Crowd!

I am a happy owner of a Samsung Galaxy S6 wich have been working great for the last two years but last weeks I faced a little problem with signal coverage or cut off signal I am not sure what is going on here...

So I randomly notice that my mobile phone is not connected or it says no service or something like that so I have to wait a few seconds to get the ignal andthen it works great. Other times if I am in a call it just cuts off the call and then I need to ring the number again but sometimes is all good.

I tried it in many places including the city but it makes no difference so I been to samsung in melbourne central but they said it was all good with the phone so it could be the network coverage and a week later I broke my galaxy screen, googled for a repairer and found www.cprepairslab.com.au where I been and they were great , not just fixed my screen in half an hour but also gave me a great tip to replace the sim card because they could not find any antena problems on the phone. So I been to optus shop on bourke steet and had it replaced for free. After two weeks of using the new sim card it never happened again so I am wondering if I did anything wrong to have this problem with my simcard or was just faulty. Should I replace it again within a year or was just bad luck? please tell if I am doing anything worng

cheers

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Galaxy S6 Signal Breaks

I think you were just unlicky, usually you never have to replace a SIM card, only when you change telcos or a new phone with a different sized SIM.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Re: Galaxy S6 Signal Breaks

Hey Calaudilou, you could pop back into the store and have the phone assessed if it's still in warranty. It'd also be worth replacing the SIM after the phone has been hard reset.

If you're still having issues, I'd say have a chat with Tech Support and see what they can do 🙂

Cheers,

Jordan

0 Kudos
Top Contributors