Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Vishnoo
New Contributor

E5573 modem

Hi

I'm thinking of getting the Optus E5573 Huawei 4g modem from BigW, which comes with 4gb of data. 

If I can get that work, then I will want to get the 70$ month to month data sim, which will give me 50gb (plus an extra 50gb for the first month). 

My question is, will that data sim work on the E5573? The reason I'm even asking is the question is that on the Optus website, if you select the 70$ data sim it does not allow you to select the E5573. Why is that?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: E5573 modem

Oh yeah. You a victim of the Optus website.

The plan is 100GB for all ensuing months, and the E5573 will work fine with it, even though they don't offer it. Coles seems to have it half price, although I'm sceptical you will find one at the first Coles you rock up to.

https://shop.coles.com.au/a/a-national/product/optus-prepaid-huawei-e5573-4g-wifi

I think Optus don't offer it, because you are supposed to buy something expensive with a 24m contract plan, like one of the two cat 6 modems.

The reason it says $70 FOR TEH FIRST MONTH, is because it will cost $72.75 the next month, due to them surprising you with a paper bill charge. However, focus group testing has shown that this term, combined with the expiry on the top, just confuses potential customers. This is why Optus offered the plan another month, I think. People simply won't believe it, so the takeup was lower than expected.

The terms on how to view Netflix are just as confusing, and you will notice that the 100GB month to month plan doesn't mention Netflix. Shhh.. it's a secret. In their fair go policy, they say you can't watch over wifi, and their FAQ just confuses you further. The staff at the Optus shop will confuse you even more. You can get this plan at a shop, and I advise you to do it. The staff may repel you; telling you it's an online offer, but the website was wrong, last month. But if you do it online, something may go wrong; you may not pass the credit test. Take your drivers licence or passport into the shop.

New Contributor Vishnoo
New Contributor

Re: E5573 modem

Thanks for all that very useful information, 10000000000GB. Will try and get it from Coles....

0 Kudos