Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Duncraig suburb, Joondalup line train stations

Duncraig suburb, Joondalup line train stations, such bad reception.

On the 4g+ but just about manage 3g.  Address in Duncraig 1 bar on 3g, then intermittantly drops out.  Tried different phones and same performance.  All reception regularly drops out.

Same issue on the Joondalup line from Stirling station to Joondalup station at Lakeside.  This is a huge black spot.  Yet the coverage map shows full 4g coverage.  Do Optus actually go out and test this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Duncraig suburb, Joondalup line train stations

Hi @Mellar6 sorry to hear about the issues with your service. Do you know if this is specific to your device or all Optus services experience the same issues in the area? Have you since had the opportunity to report the low coverage area to our tech team on 131344? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi this is affecting all Optus services, 3 different sim cards and numbers and phones.

I will try reporting to the tech team.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for letting us know, @Mellar6. If you're provided any fault reference or PR numbers when speaking to our tech team please feel free to send these through to us as we can provide an update on the report for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

*UPDATE

Spoke to Optus via the store.  They put me through to the tech team and went through some diagnostics.

All the cell towers in that area of Duncraig are of an older type and there is no ETA on updating these older towers to newer ones.

At the moment  my issue is due to a known blackspot and nothing can be done by Optus to fix it.

Optus have provided me with authorisation to port my number to another network that can provide coverage there.  Probably Telstra.

0 Kudos