cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor TED99
Occasional Contributor

Does the advertised price of a plan include GST as per full disclosure unde Australian Law

Does the advertised price of a plan include GST as per Full disclosure under Australian LAW

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Does the advertised price of a plan include GST as per full disclosure unde Australian Law

You seem to have something specific in mind. AFAIK All Optus prices are displayed including GST (So yes the total amount payable). Its not required, I believe, to include GST if you are talking about a Business to Business transaction however I don't see any price differentation in the Optus Business online. All prices include GST is seems. The legal default is if you see a $ value then you can assume it includes GST. 

Funnily enough Optus only recently fixed there billing system to properly display items to include GST. Before last year the bill tallied up all the EX GST pricing which made comparrison and checking a nightmare for most customers as nothing matched the figures they were expecting. They only applied a global GST value at the end of the bill to bring it all back to the number expected. Thanksfully now bills are all GST INC.

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor TED99
Occasional Contributor

Re: Does the advertised price of a plan include GST as per full disclosure unde Australian Law

The operator told me he would put me on a $70- plan  I am being charged $85- month

LOOKS LIKE OPTUS BREAKING THE LAW 

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Or a mistake has been made. I take it you have received the first bill? What does that say in the small detail about what is being charged. Is it simple Plan X $85 or are there other line items?

Are you talking about the $69 lease plan with the iPhone XR?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

The GST on $70 wouldn't be $15...

It sounds like your pro-rated first bill. More info on Your Bill Explained.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Seems like a fair bet @Ray_YC . My only wonder is that Optus currently have one of those weird promos, that come close to lining up with the error in question. Will see what the OP says.

sshot-28.jpg

0 Kudos