cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Conniecats6
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Does anyone know when these towers will be activated?

Thank you for that info on reception issues at Drouin West. It would be great if the new towers fix our issue. It would be much appreciated if you could let us know when the new tower (April 2020?), is activated. Cheers CH

0 Kudos
Eisak_T
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey @Conniecats6 , No worries at all. At this stage, it appears that the April 2020 timeframe is the most specific information available at this time. I’ve seen crews working at the site lately so hopefully it will get switched on soon. I’ll be on the lookout using the Optus Outages webpage to see when it comes online and will update this post with its activation.

0 Kudos
Eisak_T
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hello @Conniecats6 ,
I have received an updated timeframe for the Drouin West tower activation from Optus staff. It would now appear that activation (switch-on) has been delayed until sometime during Q1 2021 (between January-March 2021). In the meantime, do you have a home internet connection (ADSL, or nbn, etc.)? If so, you can live chat with Optus to get them to enable VoLTE and VoWIFI on your account. This will allow your phone to place calls over the wifi network instead of the mobile network. This will be helpful since currently your mobile reception is marginal in your home and should improve quality and less dropouts should occur. Hopefully this helps!
0 Kudos