Solved! Solved: Go to Solution.
We've reached out to our Mobile Networks team to ask this question, we will reply here when we receive a response.
Here is the response, thanks for your patience:
Hello @Ray_YC ,
Thank-you so much for reaching out to the mobile network team, I am really happy to know that the Optus service in Drouin particularly will be improving quite soon! I am so sorry to be really annoying, but would it be possible for you to obtain similar information about these sites:
1. Officer, VIC 3809 (94 Princes Freeway)
2. Drouin, VIC 3818 (Main South Road) - it would appear really quite important for this tower or another one planned for the Drouin CBD to go ahead soon, because as soon as you go inside Coles or Woolies along Young Street the Optus service drops to SOS Only or 1 bar 3G/4G (no calls, texts, or data possible through). It has been this way for many years, and I have tried many different devices, and other Optus users I’ve talked to experience the same.
Also, what do you mean by ’not currently in a build program?’ Does it mean that the site is not going ahead or it’s planned for another future round of ‘build programs’?
Thanks so much for all your information, I am very grateful for it indeed!
I am just wondering if you are able to get some information regarding the activation dates of the below listed towers, thank you!
1. Drouin, VIC 3818 (Main South Rd) - this appears to be the only proposed tower close enough/geographically appropriate to fix the black spot (SOS ONLY) inside Coles/Woolworths on Young St.
2. Officer, VIC 3809 (94 Princes Freeway)
3. Tanjil South, 3825 (377 Moe-Willow Grove Road)
4. Buchan, VIC, 3885 (5590 Buchan-Orbost Road)
5. Neerim South, VIC, 3831 (1745 Main Neerim Road)
If a tower isn’t currently ‘in a build program,’ would you be able to explain what that term exactly means? Thanks again!
You're welcome 🙂
Not currently in a build program means that it's not expected prior to March 2021 when it will be reviewed again.
The site in Officer is due on within next two weeks.
The other Drouin site is not yet scheduled for build.
Hey @Ray_YC , do you know the estimated activation dates for the following new cell sites:
1. Tanjil South, 3825 (377 Moe-Willow Grove Road)
2. Buchan, VIC, 3885 (5590 Buchan-Orbost Road)
3. Neerim South, VIC, 3831 (1745 Main Neerim Road)
4. Neerim South, VIC 3811 (Main Neerim Road) - has the site been acquired and can a date be named yet?
Please check in again once things settle with COVID-19 (hopefully sooner rather than later) as it's not normal business at the moment.
Have almost no coverage with Optus at Drouin West. A visit to Warragul store and 2 hours on the phone to Optus, 4 transfers to another reception, and no help. So disappointing at I was promised by Warragul Optus that reception would be much better with a new Samsung G10 blue tick phone, and a swap to Optus.
Is there really a new tower available to Drouin West coming online in April 2020.
Some feedback and response would be appreciated
Hello @Conniecats6 ,
Yes, there is indeed a new tower coming online at Drouin West in April (or very soon after). In fact, the tower is already there. I drove past it yesterday! Just waiting for it to be switched on. It is located on top of an electricity lattice tower at 326 Main Neerim Road DROUIN WEST VIC 3818. More information available here: https://www.rfnsa.com.au/3818009
If this tower does not fix your coverage issues (It depends on where in the Drouin West area you are located) then the new Optus tower at 430 Longwarry-Drouin Rd DROUIN VIC might help solve tour coverage issues. It will be coming online in June-July. More information available here: https://www.rfnsa.com.au/3818002
If neither of these solve your issues (I am confident that they should), then the new Neerim South tower should help you out if you are located further out in the direction of Neerim South than Drouin itself. Hope this helps!