cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Alireza
New Contributor
New Contributor

Does Optus have different Antenna for 5G Mobile and Home 5G Broadband ?

I have a very good 5G reception with high speed at home . Want to upgrade my 4G home broadband to 5G home Broadband but it says Address is not covered .

Why is that ? does Optus have different Antennas for mobile and home ? I dont think they will set up different towers for each ? Not Economical
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: Does Optus have different Antenna for 5G Mobile and Home 5G Broadband ?

Hey @Alireza, thanks for reaching out If your address is not covered by 5G, you will not be able to access the network. The 5G coverage occupies a separate frequency.

For more information, I would recommend having a chat to our dedicated 5G teams whom will be able to advise further and walk you through this process. Our teams are available over the phone at 1300 101 693

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Alireza
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply Tuong .

I taught as I use 5G with my mobile in the house , 5G modem should be ok . So if they use different frequencies I shall hope they extend the coverage soon . Home 5G map shows coverage is not far from my house .
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

If your mobile is able to connect to the 5G network @Alireza chances are that you be eligible for 5G broadband. I would recommend reaching out to our teams and they will be able to take a closer look into it with you -Quade

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@AlirezaWith the exception of one Optus 4G band (B40/n??) all of the other 5G bands are different and your existing 4G modem will not work with 5G. Please read all of the 5G conditions as you will not own the Nokia 5G modem, unless you do not return it, in which case Optus will charge you for it.

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

5G Home Broadband doesn't have the same coverage range as the 5G Mobile Network.
If you look at the Optus coverage maps for your area you can toggle between the 5G Home and 5G Mobile coverage.
Where I live 5G Mobile has coverage but not 5G Home broadband. I have seen the techs walking around the local streets checking coverage.
I am an Optus user.
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Tigers1719Just curious what was the equipment? Tablet or special hardware if you could see it and how big/small was the antenna?

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

It was hand held, about the same length and width as a tablet but thicker.
I didn't see the antenna, so I am assuming it was internal.
Optus had been working on the Tower and the Tech was walking along the street across the road from the tower and pointing the equipment at the tower and looking at the screen.
I drove around the corner and there was another Tech doing the same thing.

I am an Optus user.