Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Bozzau
New Contributor
New Contributor

Data Temporarily turned off

For the past 3 months I have been receiving a notification that my mobile data has been turned off by my operator. This only happens when I arrive at my home and nowhere else.I have had problems with phone calls at home having to move from room to room as people cant hear me. I am guessing it is a reception problem with optus in my area..
Rang optus and they don't know what day it is and can't help.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Casey_YC

Re: Data Temporarily turned off

Hi there @Bozzau. I get this would be frustrating. 

Do you happen to have a screenshot of the notification you are getting, by any chance? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Seems to be more a notification issue rather than an actual turning off of your data. Note that mobile data is not the same as mobile phone calls and SMS. Have you actually had issues with data?

Apparently you can just turn of the annoying notifications in the settings. Something similar to:

Settings>apps & notifications>see all>click top right 3 dots>show system>scroll down to phone services>notifications>unselect the two it let's you turn off
0 Kudos
Bozzau
New Contributor
New Contributor

If I turn off my wifi I cant access the internet .
My phone is showing 2 bars..I should be able to get online..
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Agreed. Does it last long? Does it come back automatically or do you have to reboot? Does it happen at the same time of day?
0 Kudos
Nard_YC

@Bozzau that is quite strange, if your WiFi is off, then your handset should automatically switch to 3G/4G/5G mobile data. 

Have you checked the settings on your handset to ensure mobile data is enabled? You may want to refer to our Device Guides for further instructions for your specific handset. You may also want to try performing a Network Reset to see if that helps, instructions for this can also be found in our Device Guides. 

If it's been happening for the last 3 months, it's unlikely a fault is impacting your area but it would still be worth checking your address on our Network Status Page for any issues. 

If you're still needing further assistance, we do recommend reaching out to our 24x7 Experts via Messaging in the My Optus App. If for some reason you're unable to use the app, please send us a PM/DM to the official Facebook page or Twitter page and the team will be more than happy to assist.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"I have been receiving a notification that my mobile data has been turned off by my operator"
0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@BozzauHow many signal bars do you get at home? Sounds like at home you have a problem with signal strength. If the signal strength is low the phone may hop onto 3G and the message may pop up. Next time the notification occurs have a look a how many bars you have and if you are connected to 3G, 4G or HSPA+

If you do not know what HSPA is then have a read of the following page:

https://techcrunch.com/2010/11/03/help-key-3g-4g-hspa-lte-wimax-what-do-they-mean-to-you/

0 Kudos
Bozzau
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes I think it could be a reception problem..Only 2 bars.

0 Kudos
Bozzau
New Contributor
New Contributor

My phone is showing currently 1 bar..It ranges from 2 to sometimes no bars.

0 Kudos