Searching...

Customer of Optus for over 12 year

Crown

I have been an Optus Customer for over 12 Years and over that period of time have they have just sent my Business Broke.

There is no Customer Service Department but they say one is there 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Do yourself all Business Owners try calling the Number.

The voice mail message reads we work like most business between 9 to 5 and don’t work Weekends or Public Holidays call back within these times.

I personally think the Optus is a Joke I have been without a landline and internet for 19 days and have made numerous calls and if you have ever called the faults number you would understand the 1 1/2 wait before you talk to the right department.

I am 12 km from a major  city so I feel sorry for people in remote locations.

I am optimistic that the Technician calling from Telstra will be able to fix the problem this also will make 4 Technicians in 2 weeks.

I have had to purchase my own modem and today as they can’t guarantee I will have to buy a devise to contact to the internet.

One positive they have managed to devert 

my landline to my  Moble which I am please to say isn’t supplied by Optus.

if you ever deal with this Company I pity you and if you have a. Business try another Company unless you don’t need Internet or a landline phone to run your Business.

The Employees also tend to stretch the Truth ask Michelle Fernandez at the Executive Customer Service Department who will address your call within 24 Business Hours 4 days later still waiting for the callMichelle Fernandez
Customer Relations Executive
Customer Relations Group
Ph: 1300 135 014 (during office hours)

Yes Optus you are a Joke 

Re: Customer of Optus for over 12 year

Dan_C

Hm, it really does sound like we've let you down @Crown. It's hard for us to comment on the situation without a little more insight into the issue.

Are we dealing with a fault that's isolated to your address or is there a wider Network fault that's impacting a number of customers in the area? Have you been given an exact appointment date?

We offer Internet assistance kits for those dealing with a prolonged outage. You can read more about them here. That includes a free 4G modem and a prepaid SIM with 50GB of data preloaded.

As far as contacting us is concerned, our technical team does work 24/7 on Weekends (including Sundays & Public holidays)

You can also reach us on any one of digital service channels.

We offer Live support on FB, Twitter and Live chat http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Crown

Unfortunately the ph number 1300739407 doesn’t operate 24/7 anyone can try the number and be told “Like most Business we operate between the hours of 9-5 excluding weekends and public holidays.

I have purchased a 4G USB Modem as the Sunnybank Hills store doesn’t stock the product so I went to Sunnybank to be told they have no recommend dongle so perhaps try Kmart.

Hence why I purchased the 4G device.

A dongle would have been better but now I can work and earn my Income.

My Children just have to Hotspot from their Mobile Phones and my Wife who works remotely for a Large Charity also has to Hotspot.

It took over 4 hours to speak to some after explaining the situation who said they are not authorized to give me approval on a stand alone devise.

Well as for a Tech we have our 4th coming on Monday as they don’t work weekends.

The online help was busy for 3 hours so I gave up after my Mobile Phone Battery died.

Just to let you know I still have no Internet supposedly supplies by OPUS or Business Phone Line.

I really do find the Customer Service Department a JOKE and really enjoy them asking is there anything else they can help me with after achieving nothing in 18 Days.

I now realize why OPTUS market share is dropping as a “Service Proidor”.

Perhsps they should make JENGA Blocks for Amusement whilst waiting for Fault issues to be addressed.

I had to solve the issue myself so that I can Continue to work for my Clients as I Provide Customer Service.

My next job is to address the Loss of Income and Damage to my Business because of OPTUS.

Then I have to address the issue of late penalties imposed by the ATO at $50,500 each about 15 Clients and counting at this stage.

I am sure that OPTUS will be more than happy to address this since under Simple Contract Law they have Failed to Provide a Service.

I have also contact the TIO since the situation Should have been resolved sooner.

Another Happy Optus Customet Yer Right

Crown

I am currently writing an article for the major TV networks to see if they are interested in doing a story about the impact of such services to Business and Individuals.

Tiltled “ How Telcos can Ruin your Business and Families Education by lack of Service”

Unless someone can can come up with a better Title.

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

@Crown, I get that you're frustrated, you're well within your right to feel that way considering the reliance a business has on a reliable internet & phone service. You still haven't answered my question. Is the fault isolated to your address or a wider network outage? 19 days is an awfully long time to be without service. Do you have the fault reference number? I'd like to look.

You'd be eligible for compensation under the Customer Service Guarantee (CSG) "The CSG is a standard designed to encourage service improvement and guard against poor service. Phone companies must meet minimum performance requirements for specified services and compensate customers when these are not met."

For more information regarding your entitlements under the CSG click here

I'm sorry that the right information wasn't given. If we've given you such an extended time frame to resolve the fault then the Internet assistance kit is the first thing we should offer.

I'm more than happy to credit the account towards the cost of the modem you'd purchased.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Crown

I now am writing an article to the Current Affairs shows to see if they would like to know the impact on Customer Service by Optus Service provided.

I hope the Article will give not only individuals but also Business an insight of how a lack of service can impact Businesses and Families.

The flow on effect of proactive Companies within the same business as OPTUS services which is a term I use loosely.

The Minister for Telecommunications will also be advised, perhaps he would have join the debate.

My reference number is 18026431 if that helps, but my faith in this particular organization is fading.

Dan_C

As I said, I get that you're frustrated. I'm honestly trying to help out. You're well within your right to write to whomever you choose. There's an extensive record of notes on this account. The booking for the 12th is confirmed. I can see that you also have a case manager from our customer relations group. As the matter has already been escalated to the TIO and a case manager assigned, there's not really much I can do. 

I understand that it's been a rather poor experience but the enquiry is already sitting within the relevant group. As far as compensation is concerned, that's something you'd need to discuss with your Optus or TIO case manager. In all likelihood you'll need to produce a proof of income/loss statement. 

The last tech we'd sent out left the following completion remark, "line repaired section from pillar to joint." I really wish I could comment on why the issue keep recurring but it's something that only a technician can answer. 

All the best for the appointment on the 12th. If you need any one from my end to follow up, we'd be happy to do that. 

SillyGogo

@Crown I suggest you followup on @Dan_C offer to help and assist you on the situation. The emergency kit should get you going until the issue is resolve. Best not to post your personal information on the forum. Instead PM @Dan_C directly with your details so he can look into it. 

Threatining with writing a big story on the media, reporting to the minister of communication and going to the UN, seems to me, a bit over the top. I guess for some people threatening other with a big stick is one of the way they know to get result. But there are also many other ways to work things out.

I understand that it is very frustrating and the service have let you down. However, @Dan_C have offered to help. why not take that up and work things out? Thats my 5c

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Crown

Well forth Techician Later and Promises by OPTUS of a follow up call Yes forgot to mention which century still waiting.

I really don’t feel like going down the familiar path of 11/2 hours on the phone again for “Custoner Service” yer right.

It might be time after 12 years of his CowS t to find a Company who give a DamF about their Customers.

Crown

Well still waiting for this Magical Customer Service Dept to call they all must be busy putting out other fires to help reduce their Market Share.

I am truly Amazed how a Company can be so arrogant to expect consumers to put up with this “Standard Of Service”

Truley amazing OPTUS keep up the good work and Telstra won’t need to advertise.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos