cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Garry52
New Contributor

Coverage inside house

Is there any way I can increase the coverage inside the house.  I am lucky to get 1 bar depending on where in the house I am standing.  The issue is the same on 2 separate phones of different brands.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Coverage inside house

Have you checked Wifi Calling?

You could also try out other Telcos by just grabbing a $2 prepaid SIM and seeing what reception they offer.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor Garry52
New Contributor

Neither of those are appropriate options.  Coverage outside the house is fine so it isn't the telco and I shouldn't have to change to wifi calling just because I enter the house. That would mean swapping and changing every time I am away from the wifi.  I am trying to find out if there are any reasons why coverage inside the house is compromised and if so what can be done to rectify.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Your house would appear to be built out of material that doesn't allow the signal to get in well. If you don't want to try other options then you might need to swap the house instead. FWIW Optus generally allow contracts to be ended where the home reception is bad on request. You'll need to ask.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors