cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
idreamofsydney_
Contributor
Contributor

Coverage in Mill Park VIC 3082 is patchy!

Hi Optus,

I'm writing this on behalf of a friend who is struggling to get mobile coverage at his house because his area has been forgotten. It appears that the streets near the Plenty Gorge Parklands in Mill Park VIC 3082 (such as Rushdale Ct and Stockdale Way) has really weak Optus coverage. He has tried multiple phones over the years to try and improve his coverage but no matter what, he would only be able to get 1-2 bars of 3G. As a result, dropped calls or calls with really bad audio quality, delayed text messages and painfully slow/unusable data connections are experienced daily. I believe this kind of service is unacceptable, especially because Mill Park is a metropolitan suburb which is not in the middle of nowhere! You claim to be "Australia's winning network" but seriously, not being able to use your phone is not "winning".

Also, I must mention, a lot of people visit the Plenty Gorge Parklands. If a visitor gets bitten by a snake or there is some sort of emergency, being able to effectively call for help is impossible due to the lack of coverage.

I am asking you to please step up and improve your coverage along Stockdale Way, Rushdale Ct, and any other street near the Plenty Gorge Parklands in Mill Park that suffers from bad mobile coverage on Optus. Because the area is very hilly, a mobile repeater or a small mobile tower is required as existing towers do not properly reach.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Coverage in Mill Park VIC 3082 is patchy!

Hey @idreamofsydney_, I've tagged your post as feedback to be reviewed. Any planned works will be listed on our website here →  http://yesopt.us/networkstatus. Toomey

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
idreamofsydney_
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Toomey,

I looked at the link you sent me. It says that all the towers in the area are working fine without issues. In that case, it appears that none of the towers provides a decent signal to Stockdale Way, Rushdale Court and other streets surrounding the Plenty Gorge.

Does this mean that it'll take a long time for Optus to improve coverage in the area if they do act on my feedback?

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

It depends on what's causing the issues. There could be interference that needs upgrades to improve, but not necessarily a new tower. 

I've gone to check for any planned works that are yet to be booked, and there are plans to bring a lot more 4G to the area...

High outdoor 700Mhz will slightly expand within 3 months, and within 6 months there should be huge improvements inside and out.

1800 & 2300 Mhz due to be upgraded in South Morang within 3 months which partially covers Mill Park. Further 1800Mhz upgrades in surrounding suburbs within 6 months.

This is what has been proposed but won't show up on the website until we're physically at the tower performing the maintenance. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors