cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor JHa
New Contributor

Coverage in Lower King 6330

Does anyone know if the black spot in Lower King (6330) is going to be improved in the forseeable future?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Moderator GuyCS

Re: Coverage in Lower King 6330

Hi @JHa - thanks for reaching out. That post code covers quite a large area so it's hard to narrow down where exactly you're experiencing issues with our network. In this instance, we'd recommend checking out our coverage map on our website here →  http://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status. You'll also be able to check for any outages via that link. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor JHa
New Contributor

Lower King is the suburb, specifically Slater Street. It is a recognised black spot according to technical support and I have been given the option to cancel my service.

Before doing so, I would like to know if there are plans to improve service in this area in the foreseeable future.

0 Kudos
Moderator Wesley-J

Hey @JHa - within the next 3 months there will be upgrades made to improve the mobile network reception in Lower King. No exact date confirmed at this stage. 😞

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor JHa
New Contributor

Thank you very much.

Support have called and have offered incentive to hold on for a further 6 months but were not able to confirm any possible upgrades to the area.

Fingers crossed. There is a lot of new development in the area so whoever fixes their network first is going to financially win out big time. 

0 Kudos