cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor KateW1
Occasional Contributor

Coverage and Network issues

How long until there will be major mobile network improvements in the Batemans Bay 2536 area? been suffering from poor service and congestion on my iPhone 7 Plus forever same as my friends. Please let me know!

12 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Coverage and Network issues

Are you south or north?

https://oztowers.com.au/Home/Query

They have a new tower proposed on the south side, but there are 3 there already. None of them have 1800Mhz, which is weird.

The new tower has been proposed for a while, which could be a good thing.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply,

Surfside - but unrealibity and congestion is throughout the bay, I seen the new tower proposals but when I contact Optus regarding them they have no knowledge of it and tell me there are no upgrades in the next 6 months.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

They are just looking at the 6 month horizon on the coverage map. You can see they are busy at Durass in the next few months. However, the congestion on Optus is likely to get worse, due to the tablet plans they are putting out.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I see there is a lot of proposals, but I don't actually see anything getting activated even the ones that are a year old. On enquiries to Optus nobody seems to know either. Another question would be why do they have no Optus 4G 1800Mhz here.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I can't see any 4G 1800MHz on Optus active only a few proposed, how long does it usually take for Optus to reply and shine some light on the situation?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

They never shine any light on this type of situation. You can see a totally new tower at Broulee that will have it on. I would say that you will get the Sunshine Bay one in around 6-12 months.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Would you suggest T carrier might be better in my area?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Telstra scares people off with their prices, so they are very good in city areas. However in rural areas, they have cornered the market of the loyal and clueless, who spout the mantra "but Telstra has better coverage". The result is that Telstra in rural areas can be worse than Optus.

I don't know what you want this data for, because NBN is all around you. Voda has one tower, and has just put 4G onto it. They have some very competitive plans, that also roam through Optus in rural areas. It's possible that Bateman's Bay thinks Vodafone is a loser carrier, and that nobody is using the tower, except Dave, who just flew in from Sydney, and thinks Vodafone is the bees knees, because it has international roaming for $5.

Vodafone has a $3 x 2GB x 2 day "add on" pack, for the $10 x 365 day recharge SIM, that you can test. However, it would require a phone with their strange 850MHz 4G band on it.

0 Kudos