Searching...
Highlighted

Coverage Map not showing the correct results

AB1

Guys,

Have you experience that the network coverage as shown on the optus coverage map is actually not even near to the real network reception levels.

My iphone is showing only 1/4 lines on the upper left corner which represents the network reception on mobile whereas everything seems all good as per the results on optus network coverage map using my current location( automatically detected by mobile location services).

Are you guys also experiencing the same?

Same applies to outage notification.

I have just reported the incident with Optus that calls to NZ are not gng through whereas there is no outage details are available on optus site.

Re: Coverage Map not showing the correct results

Mike16

Yep, the coverage map is what should be termed "extremely optimistic".
The real world coverage is nowhere near what is shown (yes even outdoor's etc).
Once you leave the heavily populated areas then "patchy" would be a more accurate term. 

Dan_C

@Mike16, We do include a notice on our site:

We build our coverage maps using the latest tools so we can show you predicted Optus mobile outdoor coverage as best we can.

But, like any radio-based network, coverage is going to vary in quality and availability. This could be because of your device, how close you are to our nearest mobile tower, or how many people are using the Network where you are.

Also, local conditions and things like hills, concrete structures, high-rise buildings, lifts, basements and tunnels may all affect your reception.

Optus' coverage maps show planned rollouts. These predictions are based on rollout schedules available at the time of publication and may change without notice.

On our end, we have a number of tools to gain an accurate reading of coverage in your area. What's the post code for this one?

I'm happy to check if there's any plans on the horizon. We do have a mobile Black Spot program. You can read more about that here .

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Mike16

It's Kioala on the nsw south coast.

It's already in the black spot program but it's a telstra tower not an optus tower being built. I'd love it if optus put antennas on that tower too but if there is no interest in that then it will be a single provider community I guess, including the thousands of tourists who regularly visit.

It will be an optus choice to surrender that market... 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
23 Kudos
17 Kudos
12 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos