Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Coverage - Connectivity - poor and getting worse

We've a package with Optus, for 2 mobiles and home modem ... it is the biggest of our bills.   But everything is getting slower and connectivity to our phones, while in the house, is very poor and getting worse.

We've always been able to tell when it is 'peak hour' because our phones have gotten slower for a while - but since Sunday (13th October) both iphones have been at 1dot (the smallest of the 'bars') or on 'SOS only'.   Seems we are paying for internet access that doesn't exist.

I talked to someone at the Broadway Optus shop - not helpful really ... apparently there is no official outage ... Perhaps just a little black spot cloud over our roof ?  Or is this something to do with the NBN going in down the road?? ... OR is this a cunning plan to force us into a more expensive package??? 

I should say that both phones work fine when we are away from the house.

Should also add that this problem very nearly cost me a day's work as the employer couldn't contact me.

Really not happy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Coverage - Connectivity - poor and getting worse

Hi, @Brandi. Great to have you on the forum. So we can get to the bottom of this one, I just have a few questions. 

You've mentioned mobiles and a Home Broadband modem. Do you connect the mobiles to your modem's Wi-Fi network when you're at home, or are your mobiles always connected to the mobile data network? 

Is this something that's been happening ever since you've joined us, or is it more of a recent thing? Would you mind sharing your post code? I'll see if anything is showing up on my end. Cheers, Dan 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos