cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cooling off period prepaid sim

Is there a cooling off period for the purchase of a prepaid sim? I moved to Optus from Boost (telsra) last Monday. Since changing to Optus I am lucky to get any signal in my office building. Most times it says 'Emergency calls only' which is not acceptable as I may miss a call from my child's school. I never had this problem with the other carrier. Thanks
6 Replies

Re: Cooling off period prepaid sim

Hi @Tryingagain, so sorry that this is happening.  

If you are not happy with your coverage at a specific address then we can check if its impacted by network works or its  coverage issue. 

Please refer to our  Help & Support page here for further assistance. If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the messaging service to assist you further. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks.
Its been like that for two solid weeks. It gets some coverage in part of the building. I know my other work colleagues have experienced the same issue, so I think its more of a individual building problem than the coverage area, but that still doesn't help resolve me not being able to get calls from my child's school. Where can I find the direct messaging service on the website? Thanks
0 Kudos

Hi @Tryingagain, you can contact messaging team from My Optus App  help and support or here .

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media (Facebook or Twitter) account then please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus has a coverage commitment. You should be able to cancel any plan without penalty.

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=8475
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the coverage commitment includes long term (1 year) prepaid sim purchases 😞
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I'd still make the call / Facebook / Twitter / app.

Did you buy the SIM direct from Optus? I'd be surprised if they didn't agree to take it back due to poor coverage
Top Contributors