cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor shirboy36
Occasional Contributor

Conversation stopping on mobile

I have been experiencing cut off while talking on my mobile. Very embarrasing to say the least. Am in East Lake Macquarie.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Conversation stopping on mobile

I had a quick look at the coverage map on the link below and I cant see any obvious issues. Did this just start happening or has it been like that from day one? 

https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Beyond that common questions are:

1. What phone?

2. When does it happen?

3. Is it specific to one location or multiple locations? 

4. Have you put your SIM in another phone (just to rule out your phone as potentially faulty?)?

5. Check the status that @Yeldarb suggested too, and that page lets you log a fault too! 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

My mobile is iPhone 5C   The coversation cuts out here at my home. It has only happened within the last month.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Are you on WiFi when the call cuts out?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

The cut off happened again about 30 minutes ago. I was talking to my son when suddenly he couldn't hear me.Each time I was sitting about 4 feet from my computer wifi . I actually went to the site you mentioned & filled in a form complaint which I am not sure reached anybody because the security capcha was playing up something awful. I redid the capcha bit as asked 4 times & the submit button didn't even register.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Was your phone on WiFi when the call dropped out?

What phone are you using?

Because I'm wondering if the drop out is due to WiFi Calling being used, and it's not able to properly fall back to 3G/4G correctly so the call drops out instead.

0 Kudos