cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Constantly losing reception

And who is going to give me a sim card to try? Will other carriers just offer a sim to try without cost?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Without knowing your personal situation I can only suggest other family members, friends, neighbours, colleagues as a starting point.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Did you find a fix? Experiencing with my S20 done same troubleshooting as OP but don't ha w a phone to put SIM into
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @NightHound217,

Have you had a chance to look at our Network Status page for any outages that may be affecting your services?  All you need to do is click the Mobile outages tab and search your address and you will see any outages reported.

If there are no outages in your area, you may need to perform a Network Reset on your phone. This will delete all saved network settings and WiFi passwords. This is to refresh all your Network settings on your phone without losing any data.

To do this, please follow the steps below:
iPhone - Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
Samsung - Settings > General Management > Reset >  Reset Network Settings

You may also find these troubleshooting steps useful for fixing mobile issues.

Is it possible to borrow a spare phone from a friend or family member to eliminate the issues being related to your S20 handset?

If you’re not having any success with the above, I'd recommend messaging us via the My Optus app to have a chat to our technical support team and they can assist further.

Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page for further assistance.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No unfortunately. However it has been slightly improved over the last few weeks. But still not the best. Perhaps it is time to move on to telstra....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I’m having the same problem but with the iPhone 10x. Only way to fix it is to turn shutdown the phone and start it back up again. It goes in and out of reception at random all day. Optus. For sure.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Samsimmons, sorry to hear about your mobile connection issue. Did you get a chance to check our → Network Status page for any reported fault in your area. Has any → basic troubleshooting helped.

If the issue still continues then you are best to raise it with our Technical Support team via the → messaging service to assist you further as we don`t have access to customers account on this public forum.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors