Searching...
Highlighted

Constant drop outs with nbn

NH_moderated

I got nbn installed a couple of months ago. Ever since then I have been in an internet nightmare. The drop outs are so bad that it’s basically on for a couple of minutes and then drops out for 5-10 minutes. Sometimes it’s just off for hours. I’ve never been able to watch anything on fetch. I’ve spoken to Optus tech support about 15 times. What a joke. They all tell me to turn it on and off, reset the modems etc etc and the whole time my blood is boiling because I’ve done this a million times myself on my own. I tried getting a range extender but of course I can’t connect it because that requires internet connection. I work from home and need internet for that and have had to use my phone’s hotspot which has made my phone bill astronomical...and have two kids that go bezerk when their iPads don’t work. I’ve had two nbn technicians  come out and do not much at all. They test it and turn things  off and on and say it’s all working from their end and when it works they say there you go it’s working, then they leave and it stops working again. This whole thing is giving me a nervous breakdown. i rang up today and said send someone here again, and the CS woman said she wouldn’t and that I have to give it two more days and see how it goes. It’s maddening. Any way hopefully when I swap to Telstra this will all be a distant bad dream.

Re: Constant drop outs with nbn

10000000000GB

Is this HFC or VDSL? There seems to be rudimentary awareness that they did cable wrong, and now have to use different modems.

You should be able to get money back on your phone plan when you file the dispute with the TIO.

I havent hung out on Telstra yes crowd, but I'm sure Telstra is much more whateva than Optus

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband/HFC-NBN-Dropouts/td-p/657464

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2676241

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos