Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor MarcS
New Contributor

Constant Disconnection while on my mobile (Tarineit / Werribee)

Living in Tarniet, VIC - Western Side of the corner of Tarneit Rd and Sayers Rd.

We have noticed for the last 4 months that our mobiles either can't connect when making calls or get disconnected IF we manage to receive them. The only place we get a signal is when we're at the front of the house, and even then it's sketchy.

Has something happened or changed with the mobile towers in our area in the last 4 months or so? Bacause we NEVER had an issue prior to Feb 2018!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Re: Constant Disconnection while on my mobile (Tarineit / Werribee)

Hey @MarcS there doesn't appear to be any outages on the nearby towers or any works going on 😕 Can check that out here (just punch in your address). I'd suggest having a chat with the Tech Support crew when you get a chance. They can get a case raised to investigate what's going on there. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor MarcS
New Contributor

Hi Jordan,

It's not just happening to me, it's the whole family, and anyone else who visits our house. Anyone on Optus loses connection both voice and data, anyone using Telstra has no issues. The puzzeling thing is it wasn't like this before Feb, anyone using Optus had no issues back then. Even our neighbour is reporting the same thing now, she's saying her mobile signal is weak as well - something has changed with the Optus service in our specfic area.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Tris

It definitely sounds like it's related to the network with so many services impacted, I've just checked again and can't see any outage logged for the Tarneit site though. It could be local interference or a fault, either way, please chat with Tech Support on the link Jordan provided so it can be raised and further investigated. Apologies for the inconvenience caused

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors