Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
NaCly
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Complaint DAY 1

Network Signal intermittent on my Phone and Mobile Data/Internet services in Caboolture area for the last week. Maintenance on closest Cell Tower indicated from 25 Feb to continue to 13 Mar. Vicious cycle of nothing, a trickle, and back to normal. Chat with Optus had them asking me to reset phone network settings, reset modem back to factory settings, but the modem reset reduced the limited speed I had. Then came the 'It must be the Sim or the modem, take it to an Optus Shop and have them tested'. I said to Optus, 'there is maintenance going on at the closest cell tower'. The response 'yes, you are correct'. Soon after this my phone lost all data speed. It's not the Sims, my phone or my modem. It is maintenence on the nearest cell tower and thats it. Why can't Optus Reps/Tech's just tell the truth and save their customers a whole lot of time, instead of spinning the tale even further and suggesting your devices or Sims are the fault. The fact that both my phone and modem and both Sims are faulty is absurd.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NaCly
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Complaint DAY 1

So, at 1am this morning I performed 10 speed tests on the phone and 10 speed tests on the modem. I got 35-45 mbps on each test. This morning 10 am the modem (mobile data service) is achieving 30mbps, but the phone speed is a trickle ( around 0.2mbps). The fact that each service is alternating in performance, given that there is reported work on the closest tower to my residence, is fairly evident that it is not faulty equipment or Sims on my part. Unless you believe the modem and phone are ghost tagging one another 'you're it'. I'll now take the devices on a road trip, see what consistency I get in surrounding towns including trying to maintain a similar distance from the town centres. Will report findings and if inconclusive, will take said devices to the Optus shop.
0 Kudos
NaCly
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Complaint DAY 1

As it turns out I can't make my network coverage comparison tour today, so I will do it tomorrow. I will however report that despite me shutting my bedroom window last night, the Fairies seem to have made their way in and fixed my modem and it's sim, I am now getring speeds like when I first started with Optus, perhaps even better. Amazing...Fairies, how do they know how to fix such things? And why are they reading 'Yes Crowd'? It's a long shot and perhaps I've used all my allocated luck, but if the Fairies could just manage to fix the Data speed of my phone service, well 'what a wonderful lie this would be', (Omission intended).
0 Kudos