Can i just stop paying the bill if i wont be needing the service anymore

or do i have to cancel it

p.s. Im now in a monthly contract

6 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Can i just stop paying the bill if i wont be needing the service anymore

You will need to contact Optus directly and request the service stop. Optus will keep billing you if you just stop paying.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @LisaSimpson, if only it were that easy. You need to contact us if you no longer require the service. You can reach us 24/7 on live chat → www.optus.com.au/livechat  or by contacting our customer care team on 133937. If you simply chose not to pay your bill, we will continue to bill you and account fees such as a late payment fee will apply. Once you've requested to disconnect your service, you'll receive one final account from us. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can i just stop paying the bill if i wont be needing the service anymore,for this months bill and just send to my email bill (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can i just stop paying the bill if i wont be needing the service anymore because i pay monthly contract.Could you send to my email bill every month,my email (xxxxxxxxxxxxx) thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi,

Suggest you read the other posts on this thread for your answer (which is no)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @tichthientran61

If you no longer require a service you'll need to cancel it, if you just leave it then the bills will keep coming and collections actions will begin if payment isn't made. You can cancel the service with our online support team, or by calling 1300 555 241.

0 Kudos