Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Cathy61
New Contributor
New Contributor

Calls Dropping Out

Hi

I have an iPhone 8 that is about 14 months old.  In the past 6 months I have had major problems with calls dropping out all the time.  Mid chat and I get 3 beeps and the call is gone.  No notification, no call failed warning.  Just drops out.  EVERY.  SINGLE.  CALL.  I have been on the phone to Optus twice plus once on live chat, reset network settings, updated carrier settings, turned wifi on/off, checked coverage in my area - nothing works.
Any help please before I throw this phone out onto the road and under a bus?  It's driving my family and friends utterly insane because I can't talk to them at all without the call dropping out.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Calls Dropping Out

Have you tried replacing the SIM?

No > Please do this and see if it continues

Yes > Try next step

Have you tried a different phone?

No > Please try a different handset. If this fixes the fault, then your phone is faulty and needs to be repaired/replaced through the Optus store process

Yes > What phone? As you failed to mention this?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
marcus_
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is an Optus issue - don’t bother changing settings, throwing out phones, or spending hours waiting for support... the issue is clear: a failing network...

I have six services with Optus, all iPhones ranging from iPhone 9 through iPhone 11 Max - all are experiencing constant call dropouts, other party can’t hear us, calls not even ringing...

my wife is working from home and we had to reconnect the landline because of how bad the cellular network is - essential work calls constantly failing

I’ll be at work (elsewhere) and I will continually have to call people back from the landline
This has been worsening for the past 6 months or so.

ITS NOT THE PHONE - WHEN I PUT A SECONDARY e-sim FROM ANOTHER TELCO THE CALLS ARE WITHOUT ISSUE WHATSOEVER

I hope your outcome is better than my prospects of an affordable Telco migration

Marcus

mizzdolly27
New Contributor
New Contributor

I agree ive had the same issue for months now. i switched from optus to aldi and have had no issues since unless its to either my daughter or sister both of whom are with optus!
0 Kudos
Eddy2020
New Contributor
New Contributor

Have the same issue, constant drop outs after 5-10minutes. Will be switching over to Vodafone.

0 Kudos
Antz217
New Contributor
New Contributor

Having the same problem too suddenly in the last month. I've been with Optus for many years with no issues. Messaged Optus, they checked my reception and said it was fine. I've reset network settings etc it but still having the problem.  I would be on a phone call, then suddenly there would be a loud swishing, garbled sound and then it disconnects. The person on the other line doesn't hear the sound though. It's getting very frustrating!

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @Antz217, you can try a few things like manual network selection. Click on this → page then select your device make / model and click on Choose a network. Follow the prompts to complete the setup. Test the connection for 24 hrs. Here is some further → troubleshooting if it helps.

It could even be the sim card. So next step would be to replace the sim card to see if this fixes it. If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos