Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Jezzathebest
New Contributor

Business interruption

Optus answer as Premium Busieness support what total rubbish.

I have lost hundres of $ due the DSL service just dropped out. Made several calls and the best they can do is send a technician out in 48 hours.. We totally depend on the internet and being a restaurant have lost all online orders with business partners UBER and the likes...Promised to send a technician between 8-12 today and now 2.00 pm over 48hours later and still nothing... Can i take this to a onbudsman or someone. I cant afford this happening so I want OPTUS out of my business. Pls any advise anyone

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Business interruption

The internet can drop out. No provider is going to save you from that. You should be able to puchase defined performance (and compensation) business plans but they will likely be a lot more expensive than a standard plan.

If your business is that dependent then you should look to a better fall back position.

Diversions, secondary site, 4G backup, etc.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
New Contributor Jezzathebest
New Contributor

Hi Peter

Thanks for the response...

I am one of 1000s having a small restaurant who have been forced to use what services are offered and that is voip with  ADSL where if the internet goes down so does your phone and still I can accept things going wrong and take a 24 hours shut down but when you are told that the first tech out wont be in 72 hours Idont think that is Premium Support....

Having said that Optus has compensated me for the out of pocket expense as I had to but a wireless modem data and another sim just to receive calls and have all my online orders come thru... I still lost all those orders but have learnt now to have a backup plan for my internet and phone at the shop for future issues and I do appreciate their prompt response with the reinbursement which has now made me stay with them...Was a good Customer Service Recovery...

So to all out there who take the internet for granted pls do your self a favour build into your business plan costs for a wireless modem a spare mobile incase of emergency...

Cheers

Jeremy

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Sounds like you're getting a handle on it. Also sounds like Optus did come through in the end.

Thanks for letting us know how it turned out and good advice for others in a similar position.

Hopefully you'll have the NBN in the next year or two and along with all those other small businesses the options will greatly improve.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors