cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Broken Hill - Network Status

Hi, I'm unable to "log a fault" relating to the services in my area, as I receive a "The service number you’ve entered doesn’t match what we have in our system." message, when entering either my phone or mobile broadband unit on the log fault page. I've tried to use the online chat system, however.... because the data connection on both devices is so unstable, I keep losing the conversation.

Mobile Data, constant dropouts - since 9/05/2018. Phone and Mobile broadband unit cycle through...DC-H+,3G 4G. Voice and text service constant dropouts - since 9/05/2018. I Have phone and Mobile broadband services with Optus, both devices have constant disconnections. When Internet "is" connected, speeds average around 900K/s. Was told (On Twitter, by Optus), that problem related to outage on a tower (reference number 18609661), though service is still unreliable.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Broken Hill - Network Status

@Null_Terra, the fault ticket has been open since the 4/5/18. I can see that there's been 7-10 remarks left on the ticket today alone.

It looks like we've organised a tech to attend the site at a later stage this week. You're more than welcome to request an update from us at anytime. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Broken Hill - Network Status

Thanks for the reply, appreciated.

Fingers crossed it's an "easy" fix for tech. I've now resorted to driving to my Mother's place and sponging Internet from herSmiley Sad

0 Kudos
Top Contributors