cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor NewClear
New Contributor

Black spots underneath train stations after level crossing removals, Melbourne

The Victorian government has removed a bunch of level crossings, but with the underground stations this tends to cause a loss of coverage.

I've noticed this at stations such as Ormond, McKinnon, and Bentleigh in particular.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Black spots underneath train stations after level crossing removals, Melbourne

@NewClear

I'm also on the Frankston line and you are right. When passing through the stations that have undergone redevelopment, there's been a noticeable loss in signal strength. 

Given the design of the stations you've mentioned (which are now underground, reducing your line of site to your closest mobile tower), there are also more physical obstructions to contend with i.e. dense concrete walls. 

Not a perfect solution, but temporarily switching to 3G could make a difference. The 3G network on a frequency range. Typically, the higher the frequency, the better the penetration, and less signal loss. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos