Searching...
Highlighted

Bad reception at Sydney T2 train line (between Wolli Creek and Holsworthy)

ThomsonT

Hi,

In the last few days, my phone (P9 from Optus) bearly able to surf the web when I am on the train.

Signal around 1-2 bar or no reception all the time.

I checked network outage and could not see any outage right now.

Please fix the network problem or I will need to switch to another provider after contract period ended.

Re: Bad reception at Sydney T2 train line (between Wolli Creek and Holsworthy)

Steph_C

Not good to hear @ThomsonT - we're constantly upgrading and improving our network, which you can keep track of here . If you'd like to get this looked into further you can speak with our Tech Support team here.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Ashish1402

Facing similar issue, spoke to the tech team and they suggest to switch to a different service provider. Very helpful

MK12LO

It's 2019... This is still a problem. Even though you see full bars reception there is no data flowing. Been travelling this line for 7 years, I have been with Optus for over 15 years...you would think I would have moved service providers by now..  maybe it's time. 

Chad086

Still happening every morning on the way to the city - Is this ever going to be fixed? I'm seriously considering changing networks due to this issue.

Ray_YC

We receive minimal complaints in comparison to the amount of people who commute on Sydney trains every day. There may be certain spots across the network where the signal drops/is lost but not for the entire trip.

Have you done any troubleshooting with your phone? One thing to try would be your SIM in a spare phone to see if there is a difference if you have access to one. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

MK12LO

Hi Ray, thanks for the reply. As I commented, I have been travelling this train line for over 7 years, and in 7 yearrs I have had 4-5 different phones. Ranging from iPhones, Samsung and the last two bing Huwawei Mate10 and now a P20 pro. Same service drop out at the same spots on all phones. 

Maybe an Optus representitive need to jump on the train to check it out? 

Ray_YC

In the past we've had a customer report an issue on a different Sydney train line and by coincidence an employee travelled on the same train and at the same time and had no issue at all. Another customer on another thread reported multiple issues however the person right next to them had full bars on Optus 4G. So it is odd.

Ultimately as per one of the moderator older responses above, this is not something we can assist with here on the forum.

Customers need to contact Optus directly with a log of their issues so Networks can investigate.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
26 Kudos
19 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos
8 Kudos