Searching...

Australian coastline

Harro56

I am planning a circumnavigation of Australia by sailing boat. I'm currently with Telstra as there coverage was superior at the time I signed up. What is Optus coverage like today, will there be many dead spots arround the coast. 

Highlighted

Re: Australian coastline

Withy

Yes there will be lots of dead spots particularly around the top end of Australia. Telstra will be better than Optus but the only safe option for you is a satellite phone.

Dave

Re: Australian coastline

Dan_C

That's a super exciting trip you have planned @Harro56,

I'd definitely take up the advice @Withy has offered up. 

You can purchase a SatSleeve+ through Optus. It's a costly option, but perfect for this sort of thing. 

• Easily turn your compatible smartphone into a satellite phone
  • Let's you walk and talk, even when you're out of mobile coverage
  • Clips onto your smartphone like a case, with a universal adaptor to fit most Android and non-Android smartphones (excluding Windows)
  • Use the SatSleeve+ and your phone together to make calls and SMS through the SatSleeve app

For more info click here

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos