Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted

Re: Australian Bushfires Updates – Impacted Optus Towers

Update on our bill waivers;

To show our appreciation, we’re covering the costs of eligible volunteer firefighters’ and SES volunteers’ mobile bills for December 2019 and January 2020. Call 1300 301 671 to see if you qualify.

Applications for a bill waiver close on 31 March, 2020.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No, the temporary cell trailer is useless for calls from my Malua Bay/Lilli Pilli location. Optus is at risk of a dismal fail  in our bushfire zone in our third month with no mobile or internet service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No the temporary portable cell trailer at Malua Bay beach is very limited in range - doesn't help us. And now the Bushfire Hotline is discontinued impossible to keep informed - why can't Optus manage adequate customer info, not long rambling CEO letters - frustrating!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Daisy80,

Due to this issue, managing our respective call centres and hotlines is a big of a juggling act at the moment however supporting our bushfire impacted customers is definitely still a priority. Thank you for calling this out.

I can get somebody to give you a call, please send your details to yescrowd @ optus dot com dot au (all one word to dodge the privacy filter)

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No landline

Hello - since this morning, my landline (and only phone) is dead ; the Optus website directs faults to a message 'Messaging is closed'.

Now what ?

Landline runs via the internet, internet is working fine otherwise 

V

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: No landline

Hey @gee3gee3, we all know how important a landline can be. Here are a few suggestions that might help. Due to Covid-19 our centres are affected including messaging. 

- Because your landline uses your internet connection it is a good idea to turn your modem off for at least 30 second before Turing it on again. 

- Check your internet is not experiencing any connection issues.

- Make sure your phone line is connected correctly into the modem.

These steps helps a lot of the time, however you can do some further troubleshooting if needed.

If you don't have any luck with these steps, I’d really suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

• No Broadband connectivity (no access to the      internet) 
  • No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive      calls) 

If you mention that you were sent through by DavidYC they'll be able to help you out. Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can. 

Alternatively, you can Message us via the My Optus app. You’ll just need to ensure that you select the relevant prompts:

Our main priority right now is to ensure that all of our customers have a working Mobile and Broadband service. 

0 Kudos