cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor wendyintas
New Contributor

Android phone on Telstra network no longer receiving texts from Optus iPhone

Hi, A few weeks ago my friend with an Android phone on Telstra network received a long text from me as a garbled message - the middle appeared to have been "cut and pasted" from an earlier text from me, sent several weeks ago. That was just the start of the problem... Now he can't receive any texts from me, no matter what I try. We can both call each other ok and I can receive his texts, but he's no longer receiving any of mine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Android phone on Telstra network no longer receiving texts from Optus iPhone

Hi there wendyintas,

What a strange issue!

Have you both done basic troubleshooting, e.g. restart the phones, turn off/on the phones, reset the network settings, can they receive texts from other Optus users?

I would suggest as a starting point that your friend contact Telstra and from there I would imagine their Technical Support team works with Optus' behind the scenes.

If they find out what the issue was please come back and let us know.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors