cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor SSinn
New Contributor

Android eSim

Evening,

Is there any update on Optus supporting android eSim device's? With the recent unpacking of Samsung's new Galaxy Watch, I'm sure there will be a few people out there hoping that this is something soon to be adopted by Optus.

I may have missed it, but have come up short in my Google hunting.

TIA

5 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Android eSim

No AU Carrier has made an announcement on this yet, however, within time I would imagine they would support it, as Optus supports the eSim on the Apple Watch, so it makes sense that it could be adapted hopefully to work with samsungs e-sim.  You may need to give it a few weeks and wait for an annoucement.

Occasional Contributor GregD
Occasional Contributor

I have been waiting to update my Samsung Gear. It seems that their is a lot of apathy with the Australian telcos in supporting e-sims for some reason. Hopefully they will support the SM-R815 as the battery life in my watch is getting shorter and there is no hope in hell I would get an Apple toy watch. If they dont get their act together, I will just get the battery replaced by Samsung in the Gear I have 

0 Kudos
New Contributor jSal
New Contributor

Appears Telstra address the only telco to have the rights to the new Samsung Watch Cellular. Not sure whether i purchase the watch and when Optus come to party i seitch over. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Rfw
New Contributor

Any update to Optus supporting Samsung Gear watch esim? Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor GregD
Occasional Contributor

Their is zero chance of Optus connecting anything other than an apple watch. The parent company signed a corrupt monopoly agreement to only support Apple products. They then stopped support for Samsung watches already connected. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors