cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Shelleywa
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

ALWAYS working on a mobile tower in my area (NSW 2038)?!

Once again, my mobile broadband has slowed almost to a halt. A check on the network status map states that:

"We're currently working on a mobile tower in this area.

During this time your mobile service may experience some issues. To receive updates please click 'Keep me posted' below."

This is not an isolated issue and keeps on happening. It will be out for a few days, then OK for a week or two, then slows down to a crawl again. This is very disruptive when trying to work from home - and actually, makes it near impossible. Last time, it was at a snails' pace for 2 weeks!

The problem is not with my sim or device, I have multiple devices, with different sims and they all have the same issue at the same time. 

I'm paying $100/month for this "service" - can someone please explain what the problem is and if/when it will end? If it's not fixable, I will have to change providers, this is not sustainable.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: ALWAYS working on a mobile tower in my area (NSW 2038)?!

Hi @Shelleywa, I've checked our Network Status and I can confirm there is currently some scheduled network maintenance underway in the 2038 area. 

That maintenance is scheduled from the 16/06 - 30/03. You may continue to experience some service interruptions during this time, however our technicians will aim to keep these to a minimum. If you did have any further questions relating to this scheduled maintenance, I recommend messaging our Technical teams directly via the My Optus App

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: ALWAYS working on a mobile tower in my area (NSW 2038)?!

@ShelleywaNetwork maintenance is Optus speak for either upgrade or fix a problem, so it may happen allot until the fix or series of fixes are completed if it is not a simple fix.

In the mean time have a read of the following thread as it has things you can do/check that may help:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Slow-upload-speed-4g-home-wireless/m-p/641278

0 Kudos
Top Contributors