Searching...
Bowo

It shouldn't be read like that Peter, I had thoroughly gone through all the posts related to 5G on Yescrowd, including all the discussions on the relative merits/issues with 5G as it has been implemented until now such as you have posted in other threads. However regardless of the issues around 5G or the tone of my posts, Optus very much needs to communicate what is happening in this space, noting I am not the only one to have asked about it since the big annoucement. 

Re: So any news on the 5G rollout?

Jeneral__Pain

You also didn't need to create multiple threads to get attention. Optus reply when they have the time to reply, not because you created multiple threads.

I've replied https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Any-news-on-the-5G-Broadband-rollout-It-s-less-... in more detail which is your other post.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Re: Any news on the 5G Broadband rollout? It's less than a month away supposedly

Jeneral__Pain

You won't get immediate responses to a registration of interest. Now, if you go to the page https://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/5g and scroll down it clearly states

"5G Services are scheduled to be delivered from mid 2019. A limited number of customers may get a device sooner".

Given we haven't reached Mid 2019, you're being excessively over-eager on timelines. As 5G is still a very new technology, they have to actually install the antennas and equipment at base stations. This isn't a simple task since to negate the radiation hazard they basically have to shut down the tower so the riggers can climb it, this means declaring an outage and dealing with angry people not happy "that there is a scheduled outage".

There is a whole raft of information located:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Optus-5G-Home-Broadband/ba-p/527995?_ga=2.192685922.930144284....

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/5g

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
petergdownload

My mistake. I wasn't trying to suggest your posts were unreasonably negative. I just realised you are across your options and technically adept. As such your feedback wasn't looking for alternatives or help (which I sometimes provide when its not needed  Smiley Happy) but really just wanting to express frustration at a market leader for its lack of communication on what is arguably the mobile invention of the century.

I agree completely that Optus appear to have stooped to a "First" post and then left many interested customers hanging.

They need to lift their game.

Peter Gillespie

Re: So any news on the 5G rollout?

Bowo

This forum has posts on 5G spread across a number of sub-forums, with some responses from people like you and some with official Optus posts. When I first posed this question under an existing thread I was advised to start a new post or it would not be seen. All I have done is follow the advice of another Yes Crowder in order to seek an answer. I am not the first to pose this question and have noted increasing frustration across the various posts, I think I am fair to seek something from Optus, especially as their own system advises you to come here to seek updates on the issue, none of which have been forthcoming since 31 January. 

Thanks for your responses though,

Re: Any news on the 5G Broadband rollout? It's less than a month away supposedly

Bowo

Optus nominated June for the 5G rollout. that is less than a month away. I have hardly been overeager in seeking information as I have read everything they (and everyone else on these forums) have posted to date, and find their lack of engagement with their own customers on an technology they were heavily promoting as an NBN alternative somewhat disappointing. It is also worth noting that when registering interest they direct you here to get more information and then provide .... absoululely no further information or updates.

Thank you for your response.

Jeneral__Pain

I totally get that they have posted “mid 2019” but you need to understand a project can have variable timelines. Sometimes, a project runs perfectly, other times there are delays. 

Its not that they “aren’t forthcoming”, you need to be aware a big release like this is very commercially sensitive. Releasing too much could give a leg up to other providers in the game like Telstra. So it’s not as simple as it seems.

Ray_YC

Hi @Bowo

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and providing valuable feedback.

We have reached out to the 5G team who expects to be able to provide updates to any party who has expressed their interest in the 5G Home Broadband product within the next 2-3 weeks.

(As always, big thank you to Jeneral__Pain and Peter for your assistance)  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Ray_YC

I've spoken to the 5G team, sorry for not providing an update sooner on our 5G rollout and we appreciate your patience over the last few months as the team have been working to build and test our 5G network. The team are in the process of reviewing all expression of interests and will be following up shortly to provide updates.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Ray_YC

Hi again,

Not sure if you're received direct communication but there was a media release earlier this week.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos